Monday, May 16, 2011

COGWA Summer Youth Camp





     Joining COGWA's recent youth camp has made me realize that what I become is my gift to God. It has also helped me built lifetime friendships, discover life as we are separated from the rest of the world and determine who I can be. These are things of priceless purposes.  As children, we are like arrows in a quiver(our parents). And when we're released from these quivers, we can hit our enemies(problems, trials and temptations). Therefore, we need to be ready in order for us to complete our mission. But first, we need to examine ourselves.

     Examining ourselves. Are we good enough to receive the blessings God has given us? No, we aren't. And we won't be. Yet, God loves us so much that He promises not to leave us nor forsake us(Hebrews 13:5). We're all bound to commit mistakes. Yet, it is always possible for us to keep trying to be perfect. Try, there's no harm in it. We have to live a life that pleases our Creator.

     Lifetime friendships. Building relationships with people sharing the same faith is always a good thing. At camp, we kept in touch with old friends and even made beautiful moments with new faces. We were all smiling knowing that what we had and will be having will always be treasures.





     Discovering life. What is life all about? Life is all about God. And God is everything. At times, we cannot deny that life may be unfair to us. Yet, if we try to open our eyes to its goodness, we can find happiness, contentment and pleasure. It isn't always about how we imagine how this little thing could ruin the whole day. It is about how we stop imagining about this. God is good all the time. Think about this and you'll prove it yourself.




     Determining who I can be. Yes, I can be a superhero. I can be a star. I can be myself. But the best choice is... I can be God's daughter if I'll let Him come in my life. And yes I did. And guess what? I felt more than like a superhero, a star and more than like myself. When we are of God, we can be the best! :)




     After the camp, we all felt new. Each and everyone of us has his/her stories to tell, but at the top of our list, the love for God appears. :')




No comments:

Post a Comment